Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Target Audience

     As you all may know, I plan on making the first two minutes of a thriller film. I wanted to do some research on the target audience of this genre to get a better idea of what I might want to do as well as any changes that I might need to make to the production. 

    So for thriller movies, the target audience is usually young adults and adults, however teenagers may also be intrigued in the genre. To be more specific, the age range for the target audience is 18 to 25 years old. This is because some people are drawn to the maturity of thriller films, whether they include violence, psychological elements, gore, or other things. The audience of these types of film need to enjoy suspense, as it will most likely have lots of elements of this. This genre also includes some dark elements, so the audience would need to enjoy parts of this or elements like this. This might be why it is intended for young adults and teenagers, seeing as though younger people like children might not be interested in these types of elements.

    As I have mentioned many times before, I want to include suspense in the first portion, by using different kind of shots as well as sound and mise-en-scene. Along with this, I also want to try and add in some darker elements. I might do this by using literal darker lighting, or by adding in an specific item or substance, maybe blood or a fake bullet hidden in the ground. Overall, I am glad I did this research because now I have a better idea of how to or what to add into this film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 2 of Filming!

Back again! Excited to show you guys what I have been doing lately. Like I said on Sunday, I had started filming. Well, today I finished the...