Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Music Marketing Project Blog Post #2

    In my last post, I talked about the most recent project I got in class, the music marketing project, and how we started planning for it and the thought process of doing it. As I have previously said, my group and I found it super hard to meet up with each other to film parts of the project then put it all together with editing. Finishing the music video, we had to add it into the PowerPoint we had created to market the project to the class. 

    The PowerPoint we created had a special design that seemed as though it would have been associated with the metal genre of music. Included in the presentation was all the previous research we had done. Here, we had some elements like the target audience of the genre, information about the genre itself. 

    Based on our research we found that the target audience for the new metal genre is usually people between the ages of 16 to 25, but that people of all ages are drawn to this type of music. Because we were marketing our new band we had decided that we wanted to target people of all ages to get more people interested in the genre. Along with this, we included some basic information on heavy metal. We told out audience that it has been around since the 1900's, how it expresses some ideas in various topics and that it is also a youth revolt against adult consumerism and conformity. 

    Along with some of the research we had done being included in our PowerPoint presentation, we also added in the ideas for our band. For the band there is merchandise, a website, we also decided that the band would be the first of a new record label that we named "Chamber Records". This way, the band could bring new things to the music industry. 

    On our website, we added the logo of the band as well as links to pre-save our upcoming song as well as to buy tickets. Below that there is a lace where fans could purchase some of our merchandise and following that is a little bit about the bands' background.







           With this, our presentation had some of our ideas for how we would run the campaign as well as some of the selling points we had for the band. 
            Before presenting, my group had decided how we would split up the presentation, and who was going to say the different parts. This helped keep us organized and made the actual presentation flow smoothly.
            Overall this project was very interesting. It helped me learn about a genre of music I was not a fan of and actually do some research on it. Although I still am not a fan of the genre, I'm glad I was able to learn about it and work with it. In doing this project, I learned how much ore goes into the music industry than what I had previously thought. Everything we did with the record label, the marketing, the outline of the campaign, and so much more. I learned to really appreciate music videos and musical artists that are out right now. I did like doing this because it gave me a little insight on what I could potentially do for the Cambridge portfolio project that is coming up soon. Planning the project in depth is definitely going to help me in creating the film intro. Planning out the little details, with storyboards and taking notes as well as discussing with others is very useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 2 of Filming!

Back again! Excited to show you guys what I have been doing lately. Like I said on Sunday, I had started filming. Well, today I finished the...