Thursday, February 16, 2023

Inspirations!

 Before I start planning my project in full detail and start any part of production, I want to research some movies that are similar to what I want to create.

    The first one I want to use is Scream (1996)


The movie uses various close up shots to show the characters' facial expressions, as well as low-key lighting to add to the suspense in the film. This film also uses diegetic music to add to the feelings of suspense. In the opening scene of the movie, the outside of her house is almost pitch black. Because of this dark color, the brightness on the inside of her house adds a huge contrast. The use of the different sounds in the opening also add to the thrill. The audio of the popcorn popping as well as the phone ringing can make the audience jump. The dialogue itself adds a to the thrill as well. The way that the killer calls out to her by describing her adds suspense to the clips. 

    I want to use some of these techniques in my project. I plan on using the sounds of the outside more than the dialogue itself. The lighting is also something I want to incorporate as well seeing as though it could add lots of thrill to the opening. 

    The next film I want to look at is Run (2020)


 My cousin actually showed me this movie and I've always loved watching it since each time the thrill feels the same as it did the first time. Many scenes in this film add lots of tension which keeps the audience on the edge of their seats. In the article I am reading, it talks about how the angles used in the movie show the main character usually through a doorway or a staircase with tight shots to emphasize the emptiness and isolation that the character feels or is in. The movie also uses sound as a way to add tension and suspense to the film.

    Once again, I plan on using the sound techniques and I found it interesting how the main character is always in the middle of the screen adding to the isolation. I want to try and implement that into my project as well to try and add more thrill to the beginning to really get the audience interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 2 of Filming!

Back again! Excited to show you guys what I have been doing lately. Like I said on Sunday, I had started filming. Well, today I finished the...